Update

I really need to stop ignoring my WordPress option here. Since I installed ScribeFire it’s now easier than ever to update WordPress pages, and it’s all done neatly from the Firefox browser with very few hangs and snags, so what’s the hold-up? I guess because it’s harder to reply on WordPress. I have to be notified that there is a comment, then I have to login and stuff. In short, it’s easy to post, not that easy to interact, especially since no one really spends time hanging out at their own blog waiting for comments. At least I don’t.

Writing continues apace on Book 4, which will take place entirely in the kingdom of Rshan na Ostre. Many readers wanted to know more about the history of Rshan, some of the mysteries surrounding Scarlet and Liall, and what Melev really wanted with a real, live Hilurin back in that temple. I’m going to attempt to answer those questions in Book 4. I’m at the halfway point in the novel, right where I can’t resist the urge to switch scenes around. This goes here… no this will be better there…no….

I’m considering buying the RIFT game this week. Reviews are good and there’s a roleplay shard that’s getting some good buzz. Not really sure I’m up to learning a new worldverse just to rp,  though. It’s the same reason I never got around to using Scrivener to plot this book: I don’t have time to learn a new program while I’m in the middle of something else. The creativity coin is something that gets spent quickly from my wallet. If it’s brain-work, it doesn’t seem to care if I’m making a blog post or chatting online or writing a story; it’s all the same category of expense and gets processed that way.

So I guess I better get to writing before I’m out of pocket, eh? πŸ™‚

About Kirby Crow

Kirby Crow worked as an entertainment editor and ghostwriter for several years before happily giving it up to bake brownies, read yaoi, play video games, and write her own novels. Whenever she isn't slaying Orcs or flying a battleship for the glory of the Amarr Empire, she can be found in the kitchen, her vegetable garden, or busy writing her next book. Kirby is a winner of the EPIC Award (Best Horror Novel) and the Rainbow Award (Best LGBT Novel). She is the author of the bestselling "Scarlet and the White Wolf" series of fantasy novels.
This entry was posted in Writing. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Update

1. octobercountry says:

Wow, this is the first I’ve heard about a continuation of this series—I’m really excited about it! Write as rapidly as you can—heh…

2. Lucas says:

I was browsing around on Amazon today, and came across a mention that you are working on a 4th book in the Scarlet series. I am so excited about this! Yay, Kirby!

3. Kirby Crow says:

@octobercountry

I’m actually writing quite a bit faster than I thought I would. Completion depends on how large a story this turns out to be! πŸ™‚

@Lucas

Yay me! (lol) Seriously, thank you for checking in. I hope to have the first draft done by May. Wish me luck! πŸ™‚

4. Nikyta says:

I was soo sad when I thought the third book was the last book but now I’m SO happy there’s going to be a fourth! I just love Scarlet and Liall and I’ve been reccing this series like crazy on GoodReads. Lol.

I’m glad the writing is going quickly because I just can’t wait for this one! πŸ˜€

5. River says:

a few weeks ago, in order to improve my poor english, I ordered a few books on amazon.it
    Well, I just finished Scarlet and the White Wolf book1 XD What a story! I really enjoyed it!
    Tank you …now I can’t wait to read the other 2 novel.
    p.s. Have you ever thought about writing a historical-fantasy mm romance set in Italy, maybe in a city of art? Venice is full of legends and stories of witches, ghosts and spells.

6. EdensPassing says:

I hadn’t checked in so long and now I see there’s actually going to be another book!!! I was so excited I nearly fell out of my chair! Love love love you!!! Do your best!!!

• Kirby Crow says:

@EdensPassing Thanks! The enthusiasm helps me to keep plugging away at it. πŸ™‚ Stay tuned, I hoped to have the draft finished by May.

7. Kirby Crow says:

@River Your English is very good. πŸ™‚ I’ve thought about writing some vampire stories, because I do love to write dark themes sometimes. I hope you enjoy the rest of the Scarlet series! Thanks for reading.

@Nikyta Thank you for the recs on Goodreads! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate my readers and the love they have for Scarlet and Liall. Stay tuned. πŸ™‚