Scarlet and the White Wolf: Book 4

I actually do have a title for this novel (beyond #4), I’m just saving it to announce it with the cover art.

I’ve just passed 70k words, and writing the rather big ending of this novel has slowed down a bit. That’s because – contrary to all conventional wisdom – I’m reading back and editing previous chapters while writing. I would definitely be thwapped with a wet fish and called an amateur for this if it ever got out, but I know you won’t tell anyone. XD

This is how inspiration works sometimes. You have an idea and it seems like a solid one, then you actually start to execute that idea and realize there was an even bigger, better idea hiding behind that one. What else can you do but go with it?

I have a handful of chocolate-covered espresso beans and a coca-cola swimming with ice-crystals keep me company while writing. There’s hummus, pita, and feta cheese planned for later, which qualifies for summer food in that it is not hot and I don’t have to cook it.

About Kirby Crow

Kirby Crow worked as an entertainment editor and ghostwriter for several years before happily giving it up to bake brownies, read yaoi, play video games, and write her own novels. Whenever she isn't slaying Orcs or flying a battleship for the glory of the Amarr Empire, she can be found in the kitchen, her vegetable garden, or busy writing her next book. Kirby is a winner of the EPIC Award (Best Horror Novel) and the Rainbow Award (Best LGBT Novel). She is the author of the bestselling "Scarlet and the White Wolf" series of fantasy novels.
This entry was posted in SatWW. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Scarlet and the White Wolf: Book 4

1. jb says:

Oh my god, I never really thought you’d write another book for the series! This announcement really made my night. Definitely looking forward for more of Scarlet and Liall having a better time than what they had to endure in Book 3 which was pretty dark for me. <3

2. Charlie says:

I’m really excited to hear there’s going to be a book 4! I thought the series was finished, and I’m thrilled to be proven wrong. Can’t wait!

• Kirby Crow says:

Actually, you weren’t wrong. ๐Ÿ™‚ I wasn’t sure I would ever do another Scarlet novel, so I ended the series as best I could at the point I could. Even though there was always much more to the story than what was in the first books, I wasn’t at all certain I would ever get to write it all. I’m still not promising that there will be more after this 4th book, so I’m making it a self-contained novel with no cliff-hanger stuff. HOWEVER… I’m anticipating that Scarlet and Liall’s adventures will continue.

Thanks for reading! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. jada says:

Finding out that there will be more of Scarlet and Liall really made my day. I’ve enjoyed reading the first three over and over again. Thank you for writing more!

4. Julien says:

I was on Amazon today and looking to see if you had any new books listed. Didn]’t see any so I thought that I might post a discussion to find out if anyone knew if you had a new book in the works.

Just as I hit ‘post this discussion’ I glanced to the right and saw the blog note about Book #4….isn’t that how it always works?! So I deleted the question and came here.

Sooo glad to know there is another book coming! I was disappointed to think the series had ended with Book 3. Now I can eagerly anticipate a new one. Thanks!

5. Kirby Crow says:

@Jada You’re welcome! The hot weather has no cooperated and has generally made everyone in America grumpy for months, but cooler days are here and I’m presently writing the ending of the book. Stay tuned and thanks for reading! ๐Ÿ™‚

@Julien Hi Julien! By all means, post discussion about book #4 anyway. I fear that disappointment is still making rumbly sounds in places. I’ve tried to get the word out, but you know how it is. The internet: why’d they make it so big? *g* I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed the first 3. Thank you for reading. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Maxxie says:

I just got the first book today and I have to say, I. Am. Addicted. You. Are. Amazing. Had to order the rest (and Angels of the Deep) straight away, I have to wait THREE WEEKS for it to arrive *sad face*

At first I thought, but there’s only 3 books, I want more!!!
    And now there’s a fourth coming out XD which had me grinning like an idiot and people questioning my sanity. Your fast becoming a favorite author of mine. =D

7. Kirby Crow says:

@Maxie

Wow! Thank you so much. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m always *always* thrilled to hear that a reader enjoyed one of my stories. Yes, SatWW4 is nearing completion for draft, so I’m excited that soon I’ll be sending this off to my editor. Then I’ll await being reduced to crying like a little girl with a skinned knee over every plot hole and typo. Okay, I’m kidding. There will be no skinned knees. Crying? Oh yah. *g*

Re: “Angels of the Deep”. Excellent! I hope you enjoy it, though I have to warn you beforehand that AotD and the Scarlet books are nothing alike. AotD, I’m told, is a bit intense on the horror side for those readers looking for a straightforward fantasy novel, so I’ve got my fingers crossed that it’s a good reading experience for you.

Thank you again for reading. Take care!