My lil’ hater is working overtime

Well, I last posted here in August. My Lj is pretty active, along with recent addiction fo Twitter, but whenever I’m less than diligent about posting and more than a week or two passes, my lil hater starts talking to me: “You haven’t posted for 2 weeks. No one wants to see your post about your new virtual office in Second Life. It’s been TWO WEEKS! Now you have to post something INCREDIBLY AWESOME or nothing at all”

And of course, with that kind of internal pressure, sometimes it’s best to let the lil hater have his way. Because totally awesome on a Wednesday? Pish. I don’t think so. We all have that lil’ hater in our heads telling us that what we do just isn’t good enough and no one is listening, no one cares, you totally suck. Sometimes the only way to get past that runty jagoff is to stick your fingers in your ears and go la la la la la while taking a flying leap.

So this is me: leaping.

Whoo hoo.

The King of Forever

About Kirby Crow

Kirby Crow worked as an entertainment editor and ghostwriter for several years before happily giving it up to bake brownies, read yaoi, play video games, and write her own novels. Whenever she isn't slaying Orcs or flying a battleship for the glory of the Amarr Empire, she can be found in the kitchen, her vegetable garden, or busy writing her next book. Kirby is a winner of the EPIC Award (Best Horror Novel) and the Rainbow Award (Best LGBT Novel). She is the author of the bestselling "Scarlet and the White Wolf" series of fantasy novels.
This entry was posted in SatWW. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to My lil’ hater is working overtime

1. Sarah says:

I love this, it’s beautiful and I cannot wait to read it!

• Kirby Crow says:

@ Sarah – Thank you! Keep watching for a release date. πŸ™‚ I think readers will like this installment. Lots of new challenges for Scarlet and Liall to tackle.

2. V says:

Very excited! When is it coming out? And don’t worry, people are definitely listening πŸ™‚

• Kirby Crow says:

@V – Right now we’re looking at a very early 2012 date. I’d like to just get it out there before Christmas but there’s also this thing where I want it to be really good, so a bit more work is needed. πŸ™‚ Thank you!

3. SueM says:

Wow! Truly beautiful! I want! I really have loved this series so now I’ll definitely be keeping open for it. πŸ˜€

4. Sue Adams says:

*swoons*
    That is just so beautiful it’s got to go straight to my desktop.
    I love Scarlet to bits!
    And now I can’t wait to read it… More than I already couldn’t wait, that is.

5. jada76 says:

I can’t wait for this book to come out. I have been so antsy just waiting for any news. This really is one of my absolute favorite series and knowing there is at least one more book is great news. Thanks for such great books.

• Kirby Crow says:

Hi Jada!

Thank you! πŸ™‚ I love hearing that readers enjoyed the books. There will be at least a 4th novel of Scarlet and Liall, and the world of Nemerl is alive and well. I think this is the first time I’ve announced this in public, but there are 2 other Nemerl novels planned/in progress: Swanhand, and The Flower Prince. . While Swanhand happens far away from the cities already featured in SatWW, The Flower Prince happens at the same time in the cities of Ankar and Rusa. I’m also trying to get a little Christmas present out there for the SatWW fans, so stay tuned. πŸ™‚

-Kirby

6. jada76 says:

Wow! I’m so excited hearing about the news of more books set in the world of SatWW that I just teared up. It’s always a great thing to know that stories you love will continue even if it has other characters to meet and love. Thanks!!!

7. Carlo Adrian says:

Whoo hoo indeed! πŸ˜€

8. Luiny says:

Such a beautiful art for the cover.

I’m really exited about this book. I’m still hoping I’m able to buy it through our bookstore here in Finland, like I did with the three others. They still sell those, so I’m feeling quite good about it.
    If not, I’m gonna kick them hard xD

9. Nikyta says:

Oh, I absolutely love this cover and I’m so glad to hear the 4th one is coming out really soon! I love this series so much and I’m going to start re-reading them soon in preparation for the 4th one. Awesome news that there will be two other novels in this world because I really do enjoy these stories and the world they are in. Looking forward to that little Xmas present you have planned! ;-P

10. Tina says:

Very excited to hear this news. The cover is gorgeous and I look forward to the 4th installment. I have loved this series and will continue to read them. Thank you for the excellent holiday news.